Comment: Global Application Switch is too hidden

zaobab
My devices: iPhone 12
Flag: Korea South

Comment: Global Application Switch is too hidden

Post by zaobab »

I've been using Loud Typer for a long while and consider it essential. (Thank you also for helping me restore the purchase via the App Store)

One day I found myself--every time I had a moment--fiddling with Loud Typer because it had stopped making any sounds. Even trying to test other sounds through the Sound Themes tab, I didn't hear anything. I might try to uninstall the app and then reinstall the app, nothing.

I was typing to open a issue ticket and then I realized that on the Misc tab is the Global Application Switch. I finally saw that at some point I had selected the "Application is: Off" radio button.

It felt like Global Sound Theme, Sound Volume, and the Global Application Switch really needed to be on another tab, perhaps labeled "Main." I find myself switching between Sound Themes and Applications because switching a keyboard sound also means I need to fine tune the max volume.

I second the feature request to remember Max volume set with output device. For me the only time I need to go and bring the volume way down is when I play the sound via external speakers-- the keyboard sounds always feels way louder compared to the music playing, when compared to the balance set via built-in speakers or headphones.

Thank you so much for this lifesaver app. My wrist strain is much less because of it.

Mr. Kibernetik
Site Admin
My devices: iPhone, MacBook
Flag: Russia

Re: Comment: Global Application Switch is too hidden

Post by Mr. Kibernetik »

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

Regarding Global Application Switch.
You can turn on/off Loud Typer by:
- pressing ^⌘L
or by
- selecting "Active" in top menu bar Loud Typer icon menu
or by
- selecting Global Application Switch in Misc tab of Loud Typer settings panel
also you can always check Loud Typer on/off status by looking at top menu bar Loud Typer icon.

Please note that top menu bar Loud Typer icon is available if it is not disabled in application settings.
IMG_1109.PNG
IMG_1109.PNG (234.4 KiB) Viewed 824 times