Any idea how to flash text in browser?

rbytes
My devices: iPhone 11 Pro Max
iPad Pro 11
MacBook
Dell Inspiron laptop
CHUWI Plus 10 convertible Windows/Android tablet
Flag: Canada

Re: Any idea how to flash text in browser?

Post by rbytes »

Good summary. I agree on every point. It may be a cultural thing for her to maintain an aloofness from others, but it is not conducive to growing the product.

I tried Pythonista on iOS for a while. The results looked good and worked well, but it was just too much formatting effort to create usable programs.
The only thing that gets me down is gravity...

sarossell
My devices: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Flag: United States of America

Post by sarossell »

I had not heard pf Pythonista before. I'll check it out. I suspect it's more than I care to fight with as well.

If current forum membership at 477 members is any indication of sales, even if that number were doubled, taking in account that Apple takes 30% off the top, and minus the $99 developers license fee each year for five years, I'd say she may only have garnered no more than a grand total of less than $3,000. If that's true, I can see her reticence. But at the same time, if all forum numbers are considered, of all of her apps, smart BASIC appears have the most activity by a huge margin. Are we to deduce that she expects a higher profit margin and popularity from her SPL project? And how long will take to get the kind of attention one would hope for. It's taken five years for smart BASIC to even catch a spark.

If I had the money, I would offer her a couple thousand to buy the project and source code from her outright and then actively pursue a much more aggressive development, documentation and marketing campaign. But at the same time, I would be perfectly willing to just pay 99 cents for each minor update and $4.99 again for each major one as long as I could be assured that it wasn't going to be back-burnered. Either way, I must admit, it did hurt my feelings quite a bit when she offered to toss me out of the forum recently if I didn't like the way she did things. Really? As we also say in America, "Shut up and take my money!" (But then again, we Americans are kind of assholes.) ;)
smart BASIC Rocks!

- Scott : San Diego, California

Mr. Kibernetik
Site Admin
My devices: iPhone, iPad, MacBook
Flag: Russia

Post by Mr. Kibernetik »

sarossell wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:31 pm
Either way, I must admit, it did hurt my feelings quite a bit when she offered to toss me out of the forum recently if I didn't like the way she did things. Really? As we also say in America, "Shut up and take my money!" (But then again, we Americans are kind of assholes.) ;)
Seems you don't understand. Banned for one week to cool down a bit.