NEW VERSION!!!!

pepeto
My devices: iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad Pro
Flag: Argentina

NEW VERSION!!!!

Post by pepeto »

I was waiting for it for a long time. Congratulations and THANKS!!!
I don't know in detailed the new features or improvements yet.

Regards and long life to Smart Basic!

Mr. Kibernetik
Site Admin
My devices: iPhone, iPad, MacBook
Flag: Russia

Re: NEW VERSION!!!!

Post by Mr. Kibernetik »

It is a "refurbished" smart BASIC - the same, but non-working modules are replaced with new ones.

MarkP

Post by MarkP »

Excellent work, Mr.K !!

Since several of my programs use bit manipulation operations extensively (AND OR XOR BIT), I'm especially happy that all of these instructions are now fixed.

The (AND OR XOR) were previously limited to 32 bits, but were extended to full 52-bit mantissa in sB version 5.7.

The BIT instruction, however, remained broken (limited to 32 bits) up until now and fixed in version 6.0.

Mr. K, could you provide a list of bugs that were FIXED in the new version? I realize that this list may be quite lengthy, but I would be very interested to see it.

Mr. Kibernetik
Site Admin
My devices: iPhone, iPad, MacBook
Flag: Russia

Post by Mr. Kibernetik »

MarkP wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:41 pm
Mr. K, could you provide a list of bugs that were FIXED in the new version? I realize that this list may be quite lengthy, but I would be very interested to see it.
Actually the BIT function was the only bug fix.

All other modifications were maintenance, cosmetic or internal: fixing camera, fixing accelerometer, fixing files list sorting, fixing MIDI performance, fixing code editor, updating user interface layout, implementation of files sharing mechanism, and so on. Lots of things already got obsolete since the last app release. But all these updates did not affect the BASIC language itself.