A open world survival game

DanS
Flag: United States of America

A open world survival game

Post by DanS »

Hey all,
Just wanted to give y’all a heads up that I’m working an open world survival game where your the head of a clan struggling to control resources, make treaties with other clans and not get decimated by hungry dragons. It’s something I started for my children to play. I still have that in mind, but it has evolved into an attempt at really challenging my limits as a programer. I trying to create an AI that can remember better than the player can. About half way done with that. I’m hoping to go beyond this with the dragons.

One issue I’m struggling with is how to create legitimately creative AI. As in the AI is creative. Presently I’ve made it so that the Clan AIs memorize and update what they can see of the map. They then take this info and look at their resources and options and make a decision that will create more opportunity and power for them. I’m thinking about adding an additional layer of commentary on these decisions based on the 9 types of the Enneagram as well as an emotional healthiness scale to create the illusion of creativity and some unpredictability.

Is there any suggestions about how to take this further? I’d love to go further with the dragons. I intend them to be the apex of the game. Feared and respected, yet mysterious and instinctual. I want to go beyond the illusion of personality and actually have a creative AI.

Thoughts on how to do this?

-Dan Sidey

Dutchman
My devices: iMac, iPad Air, iPhone
Flag: Netherlands

Re: A open world survival game

Post by Dutchman »

I think that it is best to post a first version to get reactions and suggestions ;)

DanS
Flag: United States of America

Re: A open world survival game

Post by DanS »

I’m not ready to drop a version. I will when it’s ready. Thanks for your thoughts.