Loud Typer intermittent lag

Tclark
My devices: 2019 Macbook Pro
Flag: United States of America

Loud Typer intermittent lag

Post by Tclark »

I need to preface this by saying I love this application and hope this can be resolved. Typing is simply not the same without it!

The issue is this: When just beginning to type there is a slight delay for the sound. Sometimes there is also random lags while typing. It had just recently began doing this after about a month of use. I do not recall downloading any software that might interfere and it was not immediately after an update.

Here is what I have tried: I have tried disabling and reenabling security and privacy privileges and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software.

Thank you for the software and I hope we can find a solution!

Mr. Kibernetik
Site Admin
My devices: iPhone, MacBook
Flag: Russia

Re: Loud Typer intermittent lag

Post by Mr. Kibernetik »

Thank you for your report.

About sound delays.
After approx. 6 seconds of application staying idle, macOS suspends its sound, probably to optimise system load. When you begin typing it takes some time to activate sound resources of the application. The delay is tiny, but yet it is noticeable if you expect immediate response. I am aware of this problem and currently I have no idea what to do with this.

When you continue typing there should be no delays. I will take a look at what can affect the speed of access to sound files.

Do you use internal Mac speakers or some kind of headphones?
What sound theme do you use to notice sound lags?

Tclark

Post by Tclark »

Wow, I had not considered what output I was using. I just tested it across 3 outputs: 3.5 mm headphones, usb-c headphones and speakers.

The 3.5mm headphones and speakers work just fine. It was the usb-c headphones that I only experienced the lag with. I guess I will not be using those headphones anymore!

Thank you for your hasty reply!

Mr. Kibernetik
Site Admin

Post by Mr. Kibernetik »

When I am using Bluetooth headphones I experience very unstable sound output. It is not noticeable when a single audio file is playing, like a movie, but when playback rate is several sounds per second (as with Loud Typer) then sound playback becomes unstable. And if to use Bluetooth mouse together with Bluetooth speakers then sound playback becomes even worse.

Tclark

Post by Tclark »

I see, I will likely avoid bluetooth as well then! It's a good thing I prefer trackpad over mouse.

Mr. Kibernetik
Site Admin

Post by Mr. Kibernetik »

Ok. I will write about this in the application description in App Store.