Sound request

leogcastilhone
My devices: MacBook Air early 2020 (Core i3, entry model)
Flag: Brazil

Sound request

Post by leogcastilhone »

Hi! Привет! First of all, I'm sorry but my Russian is a little bit rusty, so I'm using English for now. Secondly, I'd like to say that I became an instant, huge fan of your app. Some years ago, I downloaded OmmWriter, which is a writing app with 7 typing sounds. Since then, I've been searching for an app to emulate those sounds across the Mac system in order to create the perfect environment to write, even though I'm not a writer per se but a literary translator, which is pretty close ;). Anyways... I'd like to request, if it's possible, some of those sounds. By the way, there's a smoother "typing machine" sound which is perfect; yours is fine as well, but, with earbuds on, it gets uncomfortable for it is too high-pitched (you know what I mean?). In case you need more info about these sounds, please feel free to contact me. And one more thing: recently I wrote a review in the Brazilian Mac App Store, and as soon as I create a literary translator's blog (I'm almost there), I'll be talking about your app to tell people how amazing a tool it is to focus, mainly for those who have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder), as I do. Thank you and congratulations for creating this amazing app! Пока-пока! С наилучшими пожеланиями из Бразилии! Leo. (P.S.: I hope you understand what I TRIED to write... :D)

Mr. Kibernetik
Site Admin
My devices: iPhone, MacBook
Flag: Russia

Re: Sound request

Post by Mr. Kibernetik »

Hello Leo!
Thank you very much for your suggestion, for your App Store review and for your Russian :D !

Yes, I have seen the OmmWriter application.

If you know some good typewriter sounds with Creative Commons 0 license then you can share a link. The same is with other sounds which you like.
I cannot promise that they will be included in the Loud Typer, but it is always important to know which sounds users like most.

P.S. Hope you liked the latest "Morse code" sound theme 8-)

leogcastilhone

Post by leogcastilhone »

Hello, Mr. K!!! (it's easier this way, I guess... :D )

I sent you this sound request a long, long time ago, and I didn't even know if you have seen this message because I haven't been notified... :?

Anyways, I'd like to thank you for all of the new sounds you've been implementing since then. Especially the clicks 1 and 3 are awesome for me.

The only thing that I wanted to share with you is that, since macOS Big Sur, your app began to behave in an odd way (and so did 6 or 7 others... :( ).
I used to leave it open all the time, and everything worked fine; then I began to notice that the sounds were delaying and "accumulating" shortly after (I'm sorry my dumb explanation, but it used to be, "tic-tic-tic-tic", and started doing, "ti...cttt..ictic...tititititic", like "hesitation-and-avalanche").
It was an occasional event, but suddenly —I guess with version 11.1 update — it started to happen all the time, no matter what I do (reset the SMC and NVRAM or PRAM, and even reinstalled macOS). I was hoping it would get fixed by the hyped-up macOS 11.2 update, but nothing happened.
By the way, I'm using a MacBook Air 2020, core i3 entry model. Don't know if it changes anything, though...

Is there anything I can do to make it run as smoothly as it used to? Or is it something that I'll have to live with for now on? :cry:

I really hope you are able to fix that. Oh, and feel free to send me an e-mail! I'll be glad to help.

Kind regards, Leo.

Mr. Kibernetik
Site Admin
My devices: iPhone, MacBook
Flag: Russia

Post by Mr. Kibernetik »

Thank you for your report!

I also can experience similar sound delays. But the problem is not in Big Sur or in Loud Typer.
For me it happens when I use any kind of wireless headphones: Bluetooth headphones or something similar. The only headphones which work fine are wired headphones. Direct sound from MacBook speakers is also always fine.

If Loud Typer sound is correct from your MacBook built-in loudspeakers then this is the same problem. It is just a macOS bug. It also affects some games which use lots of sounds.

leogcastilhone

Post by leogcastilhone »

Hey there!

Unfortunately, it also happens from the built-in speakers. When I said the sounds came out delayed, I meant they start with some delay but, suddenly, they play jumbled up all at once, whenever I type faster than usual.
By the way, I posted a comment on another thread called "Thank You", where the guy reports the same issue. I wrote the comment to support that this problem has been happening for a while, actually. And it's not happening with specific sounds or anything like that, but with all the 12 sounds I like (I tried them all before writing to you).

In any case, thanks so much for replying so quickly, and I hope you can find the issue to get the app working as smooth as it used to.

Kind regards, Leo.