unable to restore purchase, no sounds heard anymore

zaobab
My devices: iPhone 12
Flag: Korea South

unable to restore purchase, no sounds heard anymore

Post by zaobab »

I've been a longtime paid user. I really enjoy your app, I almost rely on the sounds to keep me engaged with my computer and keep me from pounding my keyboard too hard.

A week or so ago Loud Typer stopped giving me any sounds. Not even the default Typewriter sound, unless I sample sounds in the Sound Themes tab, I don't hear anything. It claims that I haven't purchased sound themes, so I hit the [restore purchase] button but it kept giving me an error that sounded like "unknown error occurred." I restarted my Mac, and finally deleted and re-installed the app via the Mac store. Now pressing [restore purchase] gives me a "nothing to restore" error.

I'm not sure what to do now. I could send another few dollars your way by pressing [unlock all sound themes] again, but I don't know if it would actually solve the problem, since I don't even hear the default typewriter sounds.

Please let me know what I could do to resolve this issue.

Mr. Kibernetik
Site Admin
My devices: iPhone, MacBook
Flag: Russia

Re: unable to restore purchase, no sounds heard anymore

Post by Mr. Kibernetik »

You report that:
a) purchase cannot be restored
b) app plays no sounds at all
despite that you rebooted your Mac and re-installed the app.

Regarding problem (a)
Are you sure you did not change your AppleID on your Mac?
"Nothing to restore" error says that your current AppleID cannot be verified as a genuine app buyer.
If you have your proper AppleID and Internet connection active, it should work.

Regarding problem (b)
Please be sure that you did not set app as inactive and that its volume setting is not off.
Also, sometimes it happens that some app (for example Safari) enters password typing mode and keeps staying like that.
On Mac, when you type in the password in a password field, all apps which can get access to the keyboard (as Loud Typer) are blocked to prevent password leaking. In this case, Loud Typer plays only "shift" button sound because it has no access to any other keyboard events.
But rebooting Mac or closing the problem app usually restores keyboard access, and Loud Typer should work.

Overall, your report may tell about some general system failure on your Mac. I would suggest you to do some virus checking or to do clean macOS re-installation. It is a very strange combination of failures, and Loud Typer malfunction may be a symptom of a general macOS corruption.

Anyway, even if Loud Typer is not purchased, it should play default typewriter sounds. If it was working before and now it is not, then some system or app configuration has changed. Although App Store will not allow to purchase the same app for the same AppleID twice, you should not try to purchase until you find out what is the reason of app being silent.

zaobab
My devices: iPhone 12
Flag: Korea South

Re: unable to restore purchase, no sounds heard anymore

Post by zaobab »

I indeed changed my AppleID on my Mac, I didn't catch that somehow because it seems to be allowing me to log into two different accounts (two different country accounts), and I had logged in the second account to download an app only available locally. I forced App Store to have be log in my primary Apple ID again, and now I was able to restore the purchase.

No sound problem: while Loud Typer was in the lockout behavior, either I had set it to be "No Sounds" or it got switched to "No Sounds" during the lockout behavior. I have no problems hearing my typing sounds now. Thank you so much!