Amount of JPEG compression

Предложения по улучшению
SteveBuescher
My devices: Late 2013 15" Retina MacBook Pro OSX 10.10.2, Fujifilm W3

Amount of JPEG compression

Post by SteveBuescher »

Maybe I'm missing this option somewhere? Is there a way to set the level/quality of jpeg compression on the file exports. With the side-by-side files, this can be done later with another program but not so with the MPO file exports. If I import an MPO from the Fujifilm W3, then save it back out as a MPO, the file size roughly triples. I'm guessing that it's because of the jpeg compression setting?

Mr. Kibernetik
Site Admin
My devices: iPhone, iPad, MacBook
Flag: Russia

Re: Amount of JPEG compression

Post by Mr. Kibernetik »

Yes, Stereo Master saves JPEG with 100% quality.

SteveBuescher

Post by SteveBuescher »

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand that too much jpeg compression could make a mess of 3D images but in certain situations, file size can be more important. I guess this might better be a suggestion for later versions. I suspect you might be internally using a standard jpeg compression code base that might allow the compression option. If so, it would be nice to be able to expose that setting to your users. Just a thought. Otherwise, your program has been just what I needed. Thanks.

Mr. Kibernetik
Site Admin
My devices: iPhone, iPad, MacBook
Flag: Russia

Post by Mr. Kibernetik »

Thank you for the suggestion!

SteveBuescher

Post by SteveBuescher »

Update: It turns out that the full 100% jpeg setting was not the main cause of the large file size increase. I am using a Retina MacBook Pro and had not at the time found the "Open in Low Resolution" setting. When that is not set, Stereo Master saves the MPO file at double the original pixel resolution - hence tripling or quadrupling the file size. You can take the "user access to jpeg compression" off of your to-do list. :)